Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Y'know back in my day...

OK, this is really depressing...

Wired has come out with a list of 100 things that you and I may remember, but kids today don't use or even know about.

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/07/100-things-your-kids-may-never-know-about/

I feel old.

But this article written by a 13-year-old kid who was given his dad's old Walkman is even more depressing: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8117619.stm

Damned kids and their newfangled toys. Back in my day I had to press real buttons that ran mechanical gears to pull a piece of magnetic tape from one reel to another in order to hear music. And it could only be a dozen songs or so, and you had to flip the tape over to hear the other half of the songs. And if I didn't like the song that was playing, I had to hold down the fast forward button until the tape got to the next song... and hopefully I wouldn't hold it down too long and end up missing the beginning and having to rewind a bit back.

Screw you and your shuffle button.

No comments:

Post a Comment