Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

I've been sorely disappointed by the last few Tim Burton movies (especially his remakes of Planet of the Apes and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). So when I heard Burton was remaking Alice in Wonderland, I was skeptical.

On one hand it seems like the perfect Burton material. On the other hand there's the recent track record of bad remakes (see above).

But two things have me back in line to see the new Alice. One is the teaser trailer. See it here : http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-7-23-comic-con-tim-burton-talks-alic...

The other (more important) thing that's got me ready to see the movie is the casting of Mia Wasikowska as Alice. Mia was previously on the HBO series In Treatment as a teenage gymnast with some major issues. Her performance was one of the best I've ever seen from a young actress. She definitely has a bright future in front of her, and hopefully she can bring some of that depth to the character of Alice... something more than the simple girl who's just observing all the oddness of Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment