Friday, March 20, 2009

Countdown to "Ten"

I'm dying for this Tuesday and the release of Pearl Jam's "Ten" re-issue.

Ten was one of those albums that I listened to over and over and over again, to the point that I was afraid the laser was going to burn right through my CD. That album plus the follow-up, Vs., made me a huge Pearl Jam fan. A band I played drums for in high school even covered "Alive" as part of our set list.

Now, there's the re-issue... something I usually don't get too excited over, especially if I already own the album. But PJ knows how to do it right for the fans: a remastered disc of the original album... plus a remixed version with six tracks that were never released from the original Ten sessions. That's the Legacy Edition that WAPL is giving away this weekend as part of our "Perfect Ten Weekend."

But I'm jonesing for the Deluxe Edition that also includes the DVD of the never-before-released MTV Unplugged episode that I remember watching when it first aired... still one of the best MTV Unplugged performances ever.

And if I somehow come into some extra money, I'll go for the Super Deluxe Edition which has the 2 CDs, the DVD, 4 LPs including a live Seattle performance from 1992, a cassette replica of the original PJ demo, and a replica of Eddie Vedder's old notebook from the era. Of course that one is $125 on Amazon.com right now... so I'll probably just stick with the Deluxe.

Enjoy the Perfect Ten Weekend, and be sure to hit the contest page to enter for your copy of the re-issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment