Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Look What the Rapist Dragged In?

Today on the Noon Lunch Whistle I got a request for two from Poison: "Fallen Angel" and "I Want Action."  Which led to the revelation that Bret "Rock of Love" Michaels may be condoning rape.

I've been listening to Poison for over 20 years.  Look What the Cat Dragged In and Open Up and Say Ahh... were two of the first cassettes I ever owned.  "I Want Action" was released as a single in 1987.  It's a great song about checking out the hot girls and wanting to get laid - something every straight guy in America can identify with.

But it wasn't until today that I noticed the following lyrics:
I can't wait to get my hands on them
I won't give up until they give in
Is it just me or did Bret Michaels just tell us all that he'll keep pressuring some girl to have sex until she finally says "yes"?  OK, maybe that's not so bad.  Lots of young horny guys ask their girlfriends for sex, the girls say no, so the guys wait and ask again later.  Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but you're still trying to get some.  Fine.  But then the following lines say this...
Now I'm not looking for a love that lasts
I need a shot and I need it fast
If I can't have her, I'll take her and make her.
Yep.  Bret Michaels just sang that if the girl says no, he'll kidnap and rape her.  WTF?  Am I the only one who's noticed this?

No comments:

Post a Comment