Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Billy Dee Williams

You know him as swarthy space pimp Lando Calrissian from the Star Wars movies...
"You should join me in Cloud City, because you look like an angel."

...or as Gayle Sayers from "Brian's Song." 
James Caan gets cancer and dies.  Billy Dee makes it OK for dudes to cry.

He also played Harvey Dent in the movie Batman. 

No, not that Harvey Dent (although if it had been, they definitely should have gotten the Best Makeup Effects Oscar).  I'm talking Harvey from the 1989 Batman with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson.  The one before Tim Burton sucked.

 "I've just made a deal that'll keep the Empire out of here forever."

But I may love Billy Dee Williams most of all as the pitchman for Colt 45 Malt Liquor.
Who needs Sex Panther Cologne (60% of the time, it works all the time) when you've got Colt 45?

I was nowhere near old enough to drink when Colt 45 used to run TV ads.  But I still remember how cool Billy Dee Williams was.  See for yourself:

That's smooth Billy Dee.  Very smooth.

I have no idea what's happening in this one. It makes no sense at all.

Fab 5 Freddy? Apparently this one ran on MTV a lot because it looks like a 90's rap video.

No comments:

Post a Comment